Same-Day Services Available!
Wilbur's Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing’s fully licensed and NATE-Certified technicians specialize in servicing malfunctioning and outdated air conditioning systems. We offer repair services on all makes and models of air conditioning equipment and strive to provide exceptional service from start to finish.
Since opening our doors in 1979, our mission has been simple: to consistently ensure our customer’s satisfaction and comfort. We understand that a failing AC unit drastically reduces your indoor comfort—especially in humid Alabama summers, so Wilbur's Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing offers same-day services, getting your home or business back to comfortable quickly.
Air conditioning units can be deceptively complicated; there are quite a few components that, if failing, can drastically affect the effectiveness of your AC system. Our HVAC professionals at Wilbur's Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing have extensive experience in repairing all types of AC equipment and can quickly diagnose even the trickiest AC issues. Our service vehicles are fully stocked, so once we have identified the problem, we’ll have immediate access to exactly the parts we need, making repair services less time-consuming than our competitors.
Because of the many moving parts of an air conditioning system, if you aren’t an HVAC specialist, it can be hard to pinpoint your AC issue. While Wilbur's Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing doesn’t recommend taking repairs into your own hands, being able to speak knowledgeably about your AC system can be beneficial. In our experience, there are some common signs to look out for that, if noticed, should be your cue to call our AC repair pros.
Providing State-of-the-Art AC Repairs
The most common signs that your AC needs servicing are:
- A noisy unit: While all AC units make a little noise, if you continue to hear loud humming, popping, or rumbling noises it can be a sign that something has loosened in your system.
- Leaking: If you’re noticing water near your unit, it can be symptomatic of either an overly dirty filter or evaporator coil.
- Inexplicably high utility bills: Air conditioners typically turn on and off automatically. If your unit is continuously running or overheating, it can result in high utility bills without the cooling payoff.
- A failing thermostat: Sometimes AC issues aren’t associated with your AC unit at all. If your thermostat is malfunctioning, it can be sending incorrect information to your air conditioning unit, causing it to improperly cool the room.
- Unpleasant smells: While smells like dust can be a sign that your ducts need to be cleaned, if you are smelling mildew or a burning smell, it is an indication of a larger problem.
- Be sure to order a filter as well and we can help you faster!
When you contact Wilbur's Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing, you are placing your faith in our team. We work tirelessly to ensure that this vote of confidence is never misplaced. Our friendly and professional Birmingham AC repair technicians always show up on time and ready to work. We listen to your air conditioning issues and talk with you about a repair or replacement solution that fits both your property’s needs and also your budget. Once our technicians have diagnosed and fixed your AC issue, we walk you through what we did, so you are never in the dark about your system’s repairs. We also offer you comprehensive maintenance plans to save you on repairs in the future.
This full-service approach to AC repairs doesn’t go unnoticed by our customers either; check out our latest reviews here. Or, better yet, call us today and see for yourself why we are Birmingham’s #1 AC repair provider.
“Wilbur's has always taken care of me and treated me like family! I will always recommend Wilbur's to everyone I know!”- John B.
“Torrence and Matt were excellent at what they do and fixed our drains with great care and precision.”- Jennifer M.
“Thank you, Wilbur Air, for hiring people of such a high caliber.”- Patti H.