Your air conditioner is a staple for staying safe and comfortable at home during warm weather. However, if the air ducts begin to leak or don’t disperse cold air throughout the home, you may pay more to keep your house cool. Fortunately, Wilbur’s is here to help. Our expert duct repair services in Birmingham will save you time and money.
Signs You Need Professional Duct Repair
There are many reasons to consider professional duct repairs in Birmingham. Duct systems are part of the air conditioning system, connecting the HVAC unit with tubes throughout the house. However, there are common signs to consider ductwork repairs, such as
- Insufficient Cooling: Despite the air conditioner running at full blast, you may notice hot pockets throughout your home. Damaged ductwork can cause air leaks, preventing cold air from reaching every room.
- Strange Noises in the Ducts: It’s normal to hear faint popping noises from the air ducts in your home, but loud banging or rattling indicates looseness or damage.
- Poor Indoor Air Quality: AC vents emit cold, fresh air throughout the house. When these vents trap dirt, dust, and other contaminants, they can reduce the indoor air quality, meaning you breathe in harmful particles risking more asthma and allergy symptoms.
- High Energy Bills: The last thing any homeowner wants is to see unexpectedly high energy bills. Broken AC ducts force your HVAC system to use more energy to reach the set temperature, resulting in expensive energy costs.
If you notice any of these issues, fix them immediately. You can try to fix your heating and cooling system yourself, but it saves time and stress to hire a professional for air duct cleaning in Birmingham.
Duct Repair and Cleaning Services
You can find ways to clean your air ducts to save time and money, but duct systems may require a skilled hand. Professional HVAC technicians are also air duct cleaners, meaning they have the skills, tools, and equipment to fix leaking air ducts and improve the air in your home. Air conditioning ductwork repairs include
- Rigorous inspections of the supply and return registers to spot leaks or damages.
- Sealing off the register supply, then using a high-powered vacuum to clean the inside of the ducts.
- Removing dust and other particles trapped within.
- Deep cleaning the evaporator coil, drain pan, and other components to improve longevity and efficiency.
Ductwork Installation and Replacement
Some homes may need a full-on replacement ductwork system for their AC unit. Consider replacing your current duct system if
- It is older than 15 years
- It releases musty odors throughout the home
- It is severely broken or crushed
HVAC technicians will know which duct system works best for your home and install it fast for maximum energy efficiency and home comfort.
Schedule Service Today
Wilbur’s is your go-to residential and commercial heating and air company in Birmingham. Call us at 205-655-2396 for a free estimate! We’re on call 24/7 to help with air duct cleaning services across Birmingham. We also have financing available, so you pay low monthly rates for top HVAC services.
Whatever the issue, our NATE-certified HVAC technicians will fix, replace and install your air ducts anytime, anywhere.