It’s September in Birmingham Alabama and the weather is still warm, but soon the leaves will start to fall and the cool fall breeze will fill the air in our homes and offices. That’s why now is, the perfect time to get a Preventative Heating Maintenance Plan on your air condition and heating system.
We are Wilbur’s Air Conditioning and Heating and your number one Birmingham dealer. We service all makes and models of air conditioning and heating systems. We want you to have the best fall and winter with no worries about your comfort system. Take a look below and see for yourself all the benefits a preventative heating maintenance offers.
How to Prepare Your Heater for Winter Months
- Test your thermostat - Turn the thermostat to "heat" and wait about a minute, then turn on your heater and test it to make sure it works. You should hear the unit click on and you should feel warm air circulated through your home. In order to make sure that your unit is ready to go, let your heater run for a few minutes. If you are still unable to get your heat to work, you can contact our heating maintenance company.
- Dust your vents/registers - Before you use your heater, call our heater service company and we recommend you dust your vents or registers throughout your home. This will help to remove any extra build-up from your air. Be sure your vents are all open and that nothing is blocking airflow from them.
- Change your HVAC filter - You should change your HVAC filter every season. During fall, your HVAC filter collects dust, dirt, allergens, dander, and other particles; as the season ends, your HVAC filter becomes clogged and is unable to filter air effectively.
- Protect your condenser - By covering your AC unit (your outdoor unit) for the winter, you can prevent ice from accumulating inside and prevent damage due to hail, tree branches, debris, and more. However, make sure that you do not cover up your heat pump.
- Remove surrounding objects - It is important that you remove objects that are near or on top of your heater before turning it on. This includes removing boxes, furniture, storage containers, and more. The risk of a fire is higher when there are objects nearby, so make sure you and your family are protected.
- Make a heating maintenance appointment - To prevent large expenses down the road, it is important to meet with an expert HVAC technician every year for annual maintenance. At Wilbur’s Air Conditioning, Heating, & Plumbing, you can rely on our quality professions to do a great job with your Birmingham heating needs.
Why Do You Need a Preventative Heating Maintenance Plan in Birmingham?
During the hot summer months in Birmingham, dirt, pollen, and dust combine with humidity collect in your air conditioning and heating system and create a grime that can wreak havoc on your comfort system. Preventative Heating Maintenance Plan from Wilbur’s Air Conditioning and Heating deals with every important component of your comfort system. We will clean every component, replace old filters, validate system start-ups, lubricate motors, tightening all electrical connections, examine heat exchangers and much more.
What Are the Benefits of a Preventative Heating Maintenance Plan?
The benefits of Preventative Maintenance Plan not only gives you peace of mind but so much more, including:
- Two scheduled Maintenance visits per Year
- Lower Utility Bills
- Improved Capacity
- Discounted Parts
- Priority Scheduling
- Extended Equipment Life
Wilbur’s Air Conditioning and Heating Preventative Heating Maintenance –Birmingham
The numerous benefits of a Preventative Heating Maintenance Plan fat outweigh the cost and at Wilbur’s Air Conditioning and Heating we stand behind what we do. Our factory authorized and trained technicians are experienced, professional and courteous. We are committed to our customers offering a 100% customer satisfaction. We take pride in everything we do.
With our Heating Maintenance plan we will fix any minor problems before they become major malfunctions preventing any discomfort before it happens. At Wilbur’s Air Conditioning and Heating we treat our customers like family and want your comfort system to provide you with heat in your home or office when you need it most.