Expert Heating Replacement Services
It’s impossible for a heater to work forever. When your system reaches a certain age, it may start to show more and more problems, with more frequent breakdowns and repairs.
Most heating systems can be expected to work properly for around 10-15 years, and while regular maintenance can help to keep your home warm for as long as possible, eventually old age will win and the repair cost will be too much to justify.
When the cost of repairs is over 50% of the cost of a new installation, it’s time to consider replacing the system altogether.
Our Birmingham heating installation professionals at Wilbur's Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing will work with you to account for your lifestyle, budget, and heating needs before suggesting the best course of action moving forward.
- Gas furnaces are the most common type of heating system in the continental United States due to their low-cost operation.
- Oil furnaces require on-site fuel storage, but don’t require extra piping for gas delivery.
- Electric furnaces can cost more to operate, but they are popular for homes where natural gas is not available.
- Boilers deliver comfortable heat quietly in homes with no ductwork. Choose between gas, oil, and electric.
- Air-source heat pumps move heat instead of generating it. They can act as heaters as well as air conditioning units and are most efficient in mild climates.
- Geothermal heat pumps are the most expensive heater replacement, but they are incredibly efficient and environmentally friendly. They can also act as air conditioners.
Need help deciding which heating system to choose? Contact our Birmingham heating installation professionals at Wilbur's Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing at (205) 509-2139.
“Wilbur's has always taken care of me and treated me like family! I will always recommend Wilbur's to everyone I know!”- John B.
“Torrence and Matt were excellent at what they do and fixed our drains with great care and precision.”- Jennifer M.
“Thank you, Wilbur Air, for hiring people of such a high caliber.”- Patti H.
Which Heater Should I Install?
Choosing a new heating system is a big decision, but Wilbur's Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing can help you decide by considering a couple of questions:
- Where do you live?
- What do you already have installed?
Furnaces and boilers make the most sense in cold climates, while heat pumps can save energy in milder areas. The option that’s best for you will depend on your home and lifestyle.
If you don’t have ductwork already installed in your home, a boiler may be the most cost-effective solution to eliminate the additional price of installing it. If your home is ducted, a heat pump may be the best choice.
Call (205) 509-2139 or contact us online to request a free estimate!