Water Heater Services in Birmingham
Professional Installation, Repair & Maintenance
Having access to hot water is an important part of keeping your home comfortable. When your water heater malfunctions, as frustrating as it can be, the easiest and most effective way to get your hot water back up and running is by calling a professional.
Whether you need to replace your old water heater because it keeps leaking or you’d like to upgrade to the latest technology, there are a few things to keep in mind before making a decision. At Wilbur’s Air Conditioning, Heating, & Plumbing in Birmingham, we are committed to helping you make the best choice for your home, your budget, and your needs.
Criteria to consider before choosing a water heater include:
- Fuel type – The energy source you use for your water heater not only affects the operation costs but also its energy efficiency and size.
- Energy-efficiency – Saving energy is not only good for the environment, it’s also good for your wallet.
- Size – The size of the water heater you need depends on the space you have to install it as well as the needs of your home, including how many people live there (and would therefore need hot water).
- Cost – Some water heaters may cost more upfront while others may cost more over time.
Both traditional and tankless water heaters are available with different fuel options. The choice that is right for you depends on factors like cost and what is accessible to you.
Water heater energy source options include:
- Fuel oil – Available for traditional water heaters
- Geothermal energy – Available for geothermal heat pump systems
- Electricity – Available for traditional or tankless water heaters and heat pump water heaters
- Natural gas – Available for traditional or tankless water heaters
- Solar energy – Available for solar water heaters
- Propane – Available for traditional or tankless water heaters