Check out our Pink Plan Maintenance Solutions!
Water Heater Repair in Birmingham
Expert Repair & Maintenance for Standard & Tankless Models
Having access to hot water is an important part of keeping your home comfortable. When your water heater malfunctions, as frustrating as it can be, the easiest and most effective way to get your hot water back up and running is by calling a professional.
At Wilbur's Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing, we are committed to helping you make the best choice for your home, your budget, and your needs. Our Birmingham water heater repair professionals are well-versed in all types of common water heater issues and can help you find the right solution in a timely manner.
To request an appointment for water heater repair in Birmingham, give us a call or contact us online today.
When to Call for Water Heater Repair
Your water heater is an essential part of your home, so at the first sign that it isn't doing its job, be sure not to delay in calling a plumber.
Here are some things to watch out for:
- Hot water runs out quickly. Does your water go cold only a few minutes into a shower? Your water heater may be undersized or you could have a problem with the thermostat.
- No hot water. Check whether the circuit breaker has been tripped (electric model) or whether the pilot light has gone out (gas models). If it's neither of those things, give us a call!
- Hot water smells bad and/or is discolored. Your water heater or its anode rod may be corroded, or the water heater may need to be flushed to remove bacteria and sediment buildup.
- Water heater is leaking. Sometimes this is a repairable problem, such as when it involves tightening valves. Other times, such as when the leak occurs at the base, it means the water heater needs replacing.
Should I Repair or Replace My Water Heater?
Sometimes, a water heater is so old or so damaged that water heater repair is no longer a feasible or cost effective option. As water heaters do have a finite lifespan, you should expect to need to replace your water heater at least every decade or so. When that time comes for you, Wilbur's Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing can help you select and install the right new water heater for your needs.
Consider the following when choosing a new water heater:
- Fuel type – The energy source you use for your water heater not only affects the operation costs but also its energy efficiency and size.
- Energy-efficiency – Saving energy is not only good for the environment, it’s also good for your wallet.
- Size – The size of the water heater you need depends on the space you have to install it as well as the needs of your home, including how many people live there (and would therefore need hot water).
- Cost – Some water heaters may cost more upfront while others may cost more over time.
To schedule a service appointment, call the Birmingham water heater repair experts at Wilbur's Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing at (205) 509-2139.